Special Event Permits
Enhancing Our Community
The City of Healdsburg is host to many varied special events throughout the year. These events are an important part of our community and can add significantly to the quality of life for our residents and visitors. Events can enhance our neighborhoods, highlight products and services, provide marketing opportunities, and add to our cultural enrichment. Here you will find information on the process for applying and obtaining the necessary permit(s) for a special event or activity in Healdsburg.
Master Calendar of Events
The Master Calendar of Events is a comprehensive listing of special events approved under a Special Event Permit, held partnered with the City of Healdsburg, or activities occurring on public property under a Facility Use Permit. The calendar serves as a single source for all upcoming events and assists the City and event organizers in scheduling events and activities efficiently before submitting a permit application.
2024 Special Event Update:
In 2023 the City of Healdsburg undertook an update to our policies, municipal code, forms, and administrative processes as they relate to special events. Please see the revised special event permit application materials and program information below:
- You must submit a complete Special Event Permit Application Packet, which includes:
- Fully completed Special Event Permit Application form (PDF Fillable)
- Appendix A (if applicable)
- Event Layout
- Certificate of Insurance (must meet our minimum requirements)
- General Liability Endorsements (must meet our minimum requirements)
- Signed Workers’ Compensation Declaration (if applicable)
- Any required supplemental documents (if applicable)
- Applications are accepted no less than 30-days in advance for Minor Events and 45-days in advance for Major Events to Recreation Assistant, McKenzie Nelson.
- The special event permitting process has recently undergone an extensive update, please contact Recreation Supervisor Matt Milde at (707) 431-3128 if you require guidance.
REQUESTS FOR CITY PARTNERSHIP
Healdsburg-based non-profit organizations hosting a special event in 2025 that require City support through waivers, in-kind equipment or services, and donated staff time can apply for support by completing a Special Event Request for City Partnership no later than September 1, 2024. Please complete this web form only if you are requesting City partnership on a special event during the 2025 calendar year (1 form submission per event requested). Not submitting this form by the required deadline will delay any requests that must go to the City Council, any potential event sponsorship, and the issuance of your special event permit (again, only for non-profit organizations that wish to request a city partnership). Request for Partnerships will be considered at a City Council meeting in October 2024.